The Support program of the University of Barcelona for refugees and people from conflict areas, coordinated by the UB Solidarity Foundation, is based on the development of a human rights perspective, with two main fields of action:
– Academic and educational support: There are scholarships that cover all tuition fees. The transition to University course is developed with the support of Barcelona City Council.
– Social integration with support for language learning and daily life issues. Students have the possibility to attend culture and language courses (in Catalan and Spanish). There are mentoring programs available.
– Legal advice and psychological assistance.
Networking and cooperation:
– The UB collaborates with different countries in academic and research tasks, and can develop actions to alleviate the difficult circumstances faced by refugees.
– The UB organizes several activities aimed at civil society to inform, train and raise awareness on the refugee crisis, its causes, consequences, actors, etc.
Description of the main actions carried out under the UB Support program for refugees.
Internal and external networks of the University of Barcelona that make the UB Support program possible.
Summary of the main results of the UB Support program for refugees during the year 2019.
“Refugees Education Support in MENA countries” & “Higher Education Supporting Refugees in Europe”
United Nations documents, university initiatives for refugees, scholarship programs abroad…
Exhibition and other materials published in the framework of the UB Support program for refugees.
The beginnings of the current program and other actions to support refugees, for example, in the 90s.
Prizes and other recognitions granted to the UB Support program for refugees.
For more information: