The Support program of the University of Barcelona for refugees and people from conflict areas, coordinated by the UB Solidarity Foundation, is based on the development of a human rights perspective, with two main fields of action:
– Academic and educational support: There are scholarships that cover all tuition fees. The transition to University course is developed with the support of Barcelona City Council.
– Social integration with support for language learning and daily life issues. Students have the possibility to attend culture and language courses (in Catalan and Spanish). There are mentoring programs available.
– Legal advice and psychological assistance.
Networking and cooperation:
– The UB collaborates with different countries in academic and research tasks, and can develop actions to alleviate the difficult circumstances faced by refugees.
– The UB organizes several activities aimed at civil society to inform, train and raise awareness on the refugee crisis, its causes, consequences, actors, etc.
For more information: